COVID-19 Updates and Information
Please see the attachments below for the latest letters and updates
Almond Hill Updates
In line with the Government announcement on Monday that restrictions will not be lifting until at least Monday 19th July, we do not envisage making any changes to our current procedures before the summer holidays. We will be in touch with parents before school resumes in September if there are any changes.
16th June 2021
Following the Government’s announcement on Monday 10th May, we have received guidance to say all measures of virus control will need to remain in school including the thorough ventilation of all classrooms, increased cleaning regimes and pupils maintaining high levels of personal hygiene, with additional hand washing and sanitising when entering classrooms. Tables will remain in rows facing forward. Pupils and staff are still required to maintain social distancing wherever possible and remain in their ‘bubbles’. Increasing bubbles at this stage is not advised and could lead to high numbers of children having to self-isolate from a single case. Despite the challenges that managing bubbles raise for teaching, we will continue to be cautious and only follow the latest Government guidance.
Please ensure you continue to use the one-way system that is in place around the school and only arrive to collect your child at the designated time. Some parents are arriving early at the end of the day and this increases the risk of bubbles mixing and congestion in and around the school. I must remind parents that, unless exempt, you must wear a face mask when in the school grounds. If anything changes following the next announcement ahead of 21st June, we will update you accordingly.
National lockdown rules apply in Hertfordshire.
- Check county council service updates
- Government's latest updates including guidance on self-isolation, test and trace and travel, plus information for professionals.
- NHS website for information on the virus and how to prevent it spreading
- Hertfordshire's local outbreak plan
- Social distancing in town centres
You can follow service updates to all Hertfordshire County Council services (including libraries and schools) on their Coronavirus service updates page.
Hertfordshire Local Offer
Updates and messages will be posted here from special educational needs and disabilities services relating to Coronavirus when they are available.
Information for parents and carers
Police have received reports of lack of social distancing and complacency around face coverings at school drop off and pick up times.
We all have a responsibility to take steps in helping reduce the spread of coronavirus. With this in mind, all families are required (unless exempt) to adhere to the following points to ensure a safe arrival and departure at school for all involved:
- Only one parent or guardian should drop off and pick up their child/children to reduce numbers outside school
- Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household
- Make good use of all available entry and exit points to the school site to avoid bottleneck
- Refrain from lengthy face-to-face conversation with staff or other families; use digital communication methods during lockdown
- Go straight home after dropping and/or collecting your child/children
- Wear a face covering during pick up and drop off
Thank you for your support and understanding – together we will slow the spread of COVID-19 and save more lives.
You can familiarise yourself with the latest restrictions on the official Government website.
Education and Childcare
Guidance and Support