Below you will find some further, more specialised, support that is being offered by our Local Authority for children with a variety of additional needs e.g. ADHD, ASD, Mental Health including bereavement. This may consist of contact telephone numbers or general advice. For online courses, future courses and workshops please visit the SEND and Wellbeing pages.
Please contact me via IEP@almondhill.herts.sch.uk if you need any support accessing these services.
New online Protective Behaviours course for Parents/Carers in Hertfordshire, being delivered through Natural Flair. find out more
Everyone welcome as always regardless of your location or area!!🤗
- ⭐️SEND LAW with Polly Kerr from Tees ⭐️
- ⭐️Navigating the SEND World - Education ⭐️
- ⭐️ Money Advice Unit ⭐️
- ⭐️ SENDIASS ⭐️
- ⭐️ ASD and Tourettes with Sophia⭐️
Specialised Support and Contacts
- Space Herts
- Herts Mind Network for 10 - 17 year olds
- Supporting Children with Learning Disability/ASD Coping with COVID-19 Isolation
- Support for bereaved families from Stand-by-me
- SEND Specialist Advice and Support
- Educational Pyschology Service - Contactline Update
- Specific Learning Difficulties Advice Line
Schools and Families Advice Line
The link below will take you to Hertfordshire local government site - SEND documents and resources where you will be able to access many varied activities for your child including links to BBC Bitesize with games such as Crystal Explorers.
World Health Organisation have put together tips on supporting children and teenagers during the Covid 19 crisis.These can be translated into 96 different languages. There is also a section for new parents on bringing up a baby during this time.
Follow the link below to access free SEN resources that can help to explain the current situation around returning to school and lock down.
Coronavirus bereavement guides
Guides to help support people that have lost a loved one to coronavirus, or they have died during the resulting lockdown because of other reasons, are now available online at: www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/coronavirusbereavement
There are three Bereavement Guides available:
- A guide for adults
- A guide for children and young people
- A guide for parents and carers supporting children that have been bereaved
The Rainbow Trust have put together some quick practical activities that may be useful for a class to do or for families. https://www.rainbowtrust.org.uk/support-for-families