Issue 16 - 19th January 2024
Miss Simmons will be holding the Year 6 SATS meeting online on Monday for parents of children in Year 6. This is an opportunity to gather information and resources for the SATs which will take place in May. I would encourage all parents to attend where possible as the information provided is invaluable. The meeting will start at 6.30pm and will last approximately 30 minutes. Please use the link below to join.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 393 544 013 633
Please help to support our school government’s next initiative. They will be hosting a cake sale to raise funds charity. Please send shop bought cakes (where ingredients can be checked) in w/c 5th February. The sale will take place during playtimes the following week and cakes will cost 50p each (cash). Please keep in mind we are a nut free school.
Have a good weekend.
A reminder of key dates
- Tuesday 30th January - SEND/Pastoral Afternoon Tea 2.30-3.15pm – your opportunity to speak to Mrs. Birchall and Mrs. Burgess about all things relating to SEND and/or pastoral needs and a chance to meet and chat to likeminded parents. There is no need to book. Please come to the main office.
- Wednesday 31st January – 50p Book Sale – if you have any books you would like to donate before this date, we would be very grateful. Donations can be given to your child’s class teacher.
- Monday 5th February - Year 3 visit to North Herts Museum
- Wednesday 7th February – Uniform Sale 3.00-3.30pm
- Monday 19th February – Half term
- Thursday 29th February at 7.00pm – Parenting in the Digital World virtual session for parents.
- Thursday 7th March – World Book Day and back by popular demand – children may dress up!
- WC 11th March – Science Week - we are hoping to invite all parents to come in during science week for various events – look out for more information.
- Tuesday 12th March - SEND/Pastoral Coffee Morning 8.45-9.30am – please come to the Friendship Room which can be accessed via the quadrant.
- Tuesday 12th March – Individual school photos
- PTIs – these will take place on Thursday 21st and Tuesday 26th March (times tbc)
For our full calendar, please click the 'button' link below.
Click here to view next week's diary dates
19/01/2024 - 3:30pm – 4:30pmNetball match -v- Ashtree (home)
22/01/2024 - 3:15pm – 4:15pmY3 Multi Sports
22/01/2024 - 6:30pm – 7:00pmYear 6 SATs Meeting
23/01/2024 - 3:15pm – 4:15pmY3&4 - Maths Games
23/01/2024 - 3:15pm – 4:15pmY4 - Multi Sports
24/01/2024 - 3:15pm – 4:15pmY5 - Netball
25/01/2024 - 3:15pm – 4:15pmY5 - Multi Sports
26/01/2024 - 12:30pm – 3:00pmYr 5/6 Football at Giles (by invitation)
Year 3 - 94.24%
Year 4 - 97.84%
Year 5 - 95.63%
Year 6 - 94.9%
All students – 95.62%
Class winners - 4O - 96.8%
The government expectation for attendance is 96%
Almond Hill Achievements
Click the button below to see all the wonderful things our children have achieved outside of school.
Upcoming FOAH Events
If you would like to view the minutes from Tuesday's meeting, they are available on our website.
In Other News
We had a great game yesterday against Aston School and we won 4-0.
Goals were scored by George, Alex, Harry and Deniz. We worked really hard as a team and it was by far our best game yet. We hope to bring this momentum into our next game. The Player’s Man of the Match was awarded to Harry and the Manager’s Player of the Match was Dawson.
Good luck to our netball team who will be playing against Ashtree after school today!
On Friday 12th January, some year 5 and 6 pupils took part in an Aim High maths day led by the ‘mathemagician’ Andrew Jeffrey. The children had to 'take their brains to the gym' by problem-solving in different ways. The children used 'Sherlock Holmes maths' to eliminate possibilities in open-ended challenges and practised strategising in a variety of maths games to win as many points as possible. Lots of fun was had by all and the children were great ambassadors for the school, showing their curiosity and resilience. Well done Almond Hill.
During the Spring and Summer term, the children in Year 3, 4 and 5 will be taking a walk to the new town to complete some activities based around the regeneration of Stevenage. We will be going on a tour to look at some of the projects and going into the visitor centre. The children will be taking part in tasks linking to art, history and geography and will have the opportunity to return again the following year to see how Stevenage has continued to grow and change. Please note that the dates below are weather dependent.
Year 5: Wednesday 14th February
Year 4: Wednesday 6th March
Year 3: Wednesday 22nd May
Herts Inclusive Theatre offers a vibrant programme of inclusive theatre activities, creative projects and exciting performance opportunities for children, young people and adults.
Wednesday 31 January 10am - 12pm
Come along to our friendly group meeting and share what is difficult or what is going well. Have a coffee and chat to other parents/carers.