Children in year 6 enjoy a residential trip to Grafham Water as a celebration of their time at Almond Hill and for a fun way to make lasting memories with their friends before moving on to secondary school.
Objectives: To try new activities, to develop teamwork, build self-esteem, conquer fears and develop independence.
Activities may include:
- Sailing in fun boats
- High ropes
- Mountain biking
- Stand up paddle boards
- Climbing Wall
- Grafham Challenge
- plus lots more!
We will post updates on this page regarding payment schedules, kits lists and other key information.
Please make sure all items are named
- PACKED LUNCH FOR FRIDAY
- NAMED WATER BOTTLE
- A suitcase / holdall that children can carry themselves
- Waterproof coat / anorak
- or leggings (not jeans)
- Warm sweaters / sweatshirt / fleece
- T-shirts (NO VEST TOPS)
- Night clothes
- 2 Swimming costume or Shorts and t-shirt (old ones) to wear under a wet suit
Footwear – Children MUST have:
2 pairs of comfortable footwear - one for every day (Ideally old trainers) and one old pair of rubber soled shoes for wet activities including climbing and also Plimsolls or shoes for indoors (indoor shoes are worn at all times in the centre)
- Sanitary wear for girls
- Towels (hand, bath)
- Toiletries (including soap). No spray deodorant
- Cap or warm hat
- One strong black plastic sack for wet clothes
- Camera (this must be your child’s own responsibility) – disposable cameras only
- Pocket money, a maximum of £5.00 in change
- High factor sun screen
- No jewellery (although watches can be worn and will be your child’s responsibility)
- No electronic items (including games, ipods, hairdryers etc.)
- No mobile phones
- No food or medication to be carried in child’s suitcase.
Please note that during some of the activities, your child’s clothes are likely to get wet and muddy. Therefore, they will need at least 1 full change of old clothes per day. It is also better to send too much warm kit rather than not enough.