School Aims and Values
The Almond Hill community have agreed to promote the following aims:
- To stay physically and emotionally healthy
- To keep ourselves safe and use common sense
- To learn to interact socially within different groups and cultures and communicate effectively including respecting everybody’s views.
- To be literate and numerate and able to apply those skills to solve problems
- To learn about the world and make cross-curricular links and to see the bigger picture
- To take pride in personal appearance and presentation of work
- Develop their capability to use a range of technology for lifelong learning
- To recognising and developing creative skills
- To appreciate that society needs rules and achieving self discipline
We aim to provide an excellent education for all pupils whilst working in partnership with other local schools to provide continuity in learning and pastoral care and with parents and carers to help them support their child's education.
In our everyday school life we discuss, and try to model values to support our aims and the values of life that support respect for each other and care of our community. We look at different values each month and consider what these mean and how we can show them in our actions and behaviours.
Please find the proposed order of monthly values which we will be sharing during the school year:-
September - Friendship
- Offering to play with everyone – not leaving others out.
- Helping others in your class.
- Realising that sometimes you might have an argument and fall out but making up.
October - Honesty
- Owning up if you make a mistake
- Doing your own work.
- Not telling lies.
November - Respect
- Showing good manners, being polite.
- Showing interest in the talents, cultures and religions of others.
December - Generosity
- Being a good learning partner.
- Considering other people before doing what we want to do.
- Letting others go first.
January - Tolerance
- Enjoying working with different people and learning from them.
- Understanding that others have different views and opinions.
February - Courage
- Having a go and trying new things even if they seem hard.
March - Kindness
- Helping someone who is upset or in need of help.
- Welcoming someone new.
April - Positivity
- Thinking things will go well, smiling, being enthusiastic, having another go if it does not work first time
May - Trust
- Sharing your worries or personal information.
- Not listening to or spreading gossip.
- Completing things you have been given responsibility for.
June - Inclusivity
- Enjoying working together with people from different backgrounds and with differing abilities; co-operating with them helping them and learning from them
July - Reliability
- Being ready with everything you need on time.
- Offering to help.
- Completing a job properly